Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Blue Wing Olive (BWO) Parachute.
Daiichi 1180, TMC 100 size 16 – 22
8/0 olive dun or tan
Microfibbits – dun or Coq de Leon fibers
Gray/olive or dark tan
White poly or antron
- Start thread on hook behind eye and wrap half-way down hook, then half-way back towards eye. This is where post will be tied in.
- Tie in poly or antron and “post”.
- Tie in hackle up post.
- Move thread to spot even with barb of hook.
- Tie in tail.
- Apply dubbing to thread and wrap forward to create tapered body.
- Wind hackle down post and tie off.
- Form head and whip finish or use half hitches to complete fly. Trim thread.
Learn more about Blue Wing Olives in my post – Blue Wing Olives.