Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Prince Nymph.
TMC 3761 or Dai Riki 060 #8 – 16
Uni 8/0 black or olive dun
Gold bead to match hook size
5 – 8 wraps
Brown goose biot
Brown hen hackle
White goose biots
- Place hook in vise and slide bead on hook.
- Place 5 – 8 wraps of lead on hook and slide forward and snug to bead.
- Begin thread on hook, covering lead and end at barb.
- Tie in goose biot with curve extending away from hook.
- Tie in gold tinsel.
- Tie in 3 to 5 pieces of peacock herl (depending on hook size).
- Wrap peacock herl forward forming body and thorax.
- Wind tinsel rib forward using about 5 wraps.
- Tie in hackle and make 1 – 2 turns for sparse hackle.
- Select 2 white goose biots and form an X over top of fly. With 5 tight wraps,bind down both biots simutaneously (consider waxing thread to prevent thread from slipping off biots). Before cutting excess biot butt-ends, fold them back toward tail and place a few more wraps to prevent biots from slipping out. Trim biots.
- Whip finish.
Here is a chart with recommended weight for different hook sizes.
8 – 12
14 – 16