Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Parachute Adams.
Daiichi 1180, #12 – 20
Moose body hair
Superfine gray dubbing
Brown and grizzly
- Attach thread behind eye and wind halfway down hook. Wind thread halfway back towards eye. You’re now at the ¼ point.
- Post poly by securing on hook. Wind thread wraps up and down post to create firm base for hackle.
- Select 5 – 6 moose body hair fibers, align tips and tie in with tail length equal to body. Trim butts.
- Dub tapered body to post.
- Tie in both hackles around hook and up post.
- Dub remaining thorax area and leave thread at hook eye.
- Wind hackle down post and tie off.
- Whip finish.
For a brief history of the Parachute Adams, check out the Throw Back Thursday Fly post.
Tying notes: I recently tied size 14 fly and used 14 thread wraps to complete post.