Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Pale Morning Dun Parachute – PMD.
A live PMD
Daiichi 1180, Dai Riki 300, TMC 100 #14 – 18 or any dry fly hook
8/0 yellow, light cahill
Microfibbits or hackle fibers
Pale yellow dubbing
White poly or antron
- Start thread on hook behind eye and wrap half-way down hook, then half-way back towards eye. This is where post will be tied in.
- Tie in poly or antron and “post”.
- Tie in hackle up post.
- Move thread to spot even with barb of hook.
- Tie in tail.
- Apply dubbing to thread and wrap forward to create tapered body.
- Wind hackle down post and tie off.
- Form head and whip finish or use half hitches to complete fly. Trim thread.
For more information about PMDs and their life-cycle, check out my blog – Pale Morning Duns – PMDs.