Here is a fly pattern sheet for a Water Boatman for stillwaters.
Daiichi 1560, TMC 3761, Dai Riki 060, #12 – 16
Pearl Krystal Flash
Black goose biot
- Begin thread on hook
- Tie in two pieces of Pearl Krystal Flash. Cut one 1/2″ in length; the other 1″.
- Tie in a piece of pearescent sheeting.
- Dub a tapered thick body.
- Pull pearlescent sheeting over body and tie off.
- Attach biot so they extend outward from body.
- Whip finish.
The Water Boatman is a fly pattern I learned during this year’s fly club Winter Fly Tying Classes. Peter Bowers, owner of The Patient Angler taught this fly. I can’t wait to try it out!