Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Peacock Caddis.
Tiemco 200R, #18 – 20
Deer hair with short black tips
Brown &/or Grizzly
- Start thread on hook and attach 3 pieces of peacock herl.
- Twist herl around thread and begin body at bard of hook. Wind forward to 75% mark. The thread will strengthen the peacock herl.
- Clean and stack deer hair. Tie in wing.
- Size two hackles so they are the same size.
- Tie in hackles and wrap each with 3 wraps. If only using one hackle color, complete 6 wraps.
- Tie off hackle and whip finish.