Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Crystal Serendipity.
Dai Riki 135 or TMC 2487, sizes 14 – 18
8/0 rusty dun
Fine gold or silver wire
Pearl krystal flash – 3 or 4 strands
- Tie on thread behind bead with a few wraps.
- Tie on wire.
- Wrap thread to bend of hook, holding wire downward to keep on bottom.
- Tie in krystal flash. Twist into “rope” and wind forward with touching wraps.
- Spiral wire forwards, using 5 – 7 wraps, ending at bead.
- Cut several deer hair fibers from hide and eliminate underfur. Tie in butt ends and cover with thread.
- Whip finish.
- Trim deer hair to about 1/3 of body length.
If you’d like more information about the Serendipity’s, check out a blog I wrote entitled – Serendipity and $3 Dip.