Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Bitch Creek Nymph
Daiichi 1720, TMC 5263 #10 – 6
Lead – see below
- Begin winding weight at hook point and continue to 2 eye lengths behind hook eye.
- Tie in back legs.
- Tie in dark chenille on side close to you.
- Tie in lighter chenille on opposite side.
- After tying in both pieces of chenille, wrap thread forward to hook eye, tie off and cut thread. Weaving the chenille can’t be completed with thread on hook.
- To weave, the black moves back and forth on top of the hook. The light colored chenille goes over the black and under the hook.
- Continue forward to 50% mark, cross both ends over top and back. Hold finger to keep in place as you begin thread again.
- Pull black forward and make thread wrap to secure. Pull lighter color chenille forward and take several wraps. Trim both ends.
- Tie in chenille for thorax (medium?)
- Tie in hackle by butt end.
- Tie in antenna.
- Wrap chenille forward and tie off.
- Wind hackle forward with one wrap behind chenille. Take 3 – 4 wraps of hackle total.
Personal tying notes:
- size 10 hook – .020 lead
- size 8 hook – .025 lead
- Chenille colors – black & orange, black/brown & pink