Here is the fly pattern sheet for Pegs Midge.
Here is a size 24 Peg’s Midge
Daiichi 1100, Dai Riki 320 or TMC 100 #20 – 26
16/0 Veevus black or brown
Cream hackle fibers
- Attach thread to hook, leaving small space behind hook eye and cover hook to 50% mark.
- Select a 3 – 4 hackle fibers from a large hackle for the tail. Tie on fibers and wind back ending at hook barb.
- Select one peacock herl, trim about 1″ off tip and tie in at hook barb and move thread forward to point two hook eyes behind eye.
- Wind peacock forward with touching turns to thorax.
- Tie in hackle and wind forward to hook eye with three turns. Tie off hackle.
- Whip finish.
I found this fly from Youtube: tightlinevideo – Peg’s Midge, produced by Tightline Productions.
Be sure to check out my Small Flies post for more information.