Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Half Pint Midge.
Dai Riki 135, #18
Nickel tungsten – 2.0 mm
Midge Krystal Flash
Silver wire – small
Midge Black Zelon dubbing
Butt ends of Midge Krystal Flash
- Slide bead on hook and start thread behind bead.
- Wind thread halfway around hook bend and tie in 6 strands of Midge Krystal Flash, leaving butt ends extending over hook eye. Wind thread over Krystal Flash to create smooth body all the way up to bead. Return thread to tail tie-in point. Trim tail short.
- Tie in wire rib. Move thread in touching wraps to point behind bead. Take 4 wraps forward ending behind bead.
- Dub a thick thorax, ending behind bead.
- Split Krystal Flash for legs so 3 fibers are on each side and use a couple of wraps with dubbing to force legs backwards and to side of body.
- Whip finish and trim thread.
Note: Another fly pattern from Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone, Montana.