Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Diving Damsel nymph.
TMC 200, Daiichi 1270 or similar, size 8 – 10
Small brass bead
Fluff from base of marabou plume
Marabou fibers to match natural insect – light green, light olive, medium olive
Fine gold wire
Dyed olive partridge
- Place bead on hook and secure with several thread wraps.
- Wrap thread backwards to hook point and secure a sparse tuft of marabou.
- Tie in wire at same point.
- Bring thread forward to bead and tie in long bunch of marabou by butts.
- Counter-wrap fibers towards tail, ending at hook point. Secure with wire and continue wrapping forward to bead. Trim wire and marabou.
- Tie in partridge and take two turns. Tie off and trim.
- Whip finish.