Here is the fly pattern sheet for the LaFontaine Emergent Sparkle Pupa.
LaFontaine Emergent Sparkle Pupa – Tan
LaFontaine Emergent Sparkle Pupa – Green
Daiichi 1180, TMC 100 or Dai Riki 300, #12 – 20
8/0 Uni thread to match body color
Antron dubbing or sparkle yarn
Antron dubbing – olive, amber, tan or black
X Caddis deer hair
Brown marabou or brown dubbing
- Begin thread on hook and coat shank with thread base.
- Tie on a hank of yarn on each side of hook.
- Dub body to thorax.
- Pull yarn forward on each side of hook and secure with 2 loose wraps. Do not trim.
- Use bodkin to pull yarn out around hook, creating a “bubble” effect.
- Use additional thread wraps to secure Antron yarn.
- Trim 4 – 5 Antron fibers on top of hook and pull back to create tail/shuck.
- Select and stack deer hair. Tie in short wing, about length of body.
- Dub thick head and whip finish.
Here are a few other color combinations to consider tying as well from PlantTrout’s website.