Here is the fly pattern sheet for the Green McKenzie Caddis – Wet.
TMC 3769, #10
|New Age Chenille, Wintergeen|
- Start thread on hook immediately behind hook eye and advance to barb.
- Strip chenille to expose thread core and tie in at barb. Wind thread to 2/3 mark. Wrap chenille forward using touching turns and tie off.
- Select a partridge feather and prepare hackle by stripping fluff. Tie in by tip, trim excess, and begin winding hackle by stroking fibers backwards. Take 2 complete wraps. Tie off feather a trim. Take a few thread wraps and force partridge backwards.
- Build up large head with thread, creating smooth spot to attach wing.
- Select deer hair, clean underfur, and stack.
- Measure wing so it extends to bend of hook. Clip butt ends before attaching to hook. Trim ends close and cover with thread.
- Whip finish.