Resources for your Fly Fishing and Fly Tying.
- Here is a Bead Conversion Table I created. Hope you like it.
- This is the Fly Tying Hook Conversion Table I created and use.
- Some of my favorite books.
- If you fish lakes, this in an invaluable resource which shows detailed information. You’ll find ramps and depths which helps determine where the fish are located.
- Netknots.com by my friend John Sherry is a great site to learn the knots needed to fish. I use an Improved Clinch knot to tie on flies, triple Surgeon knot for tippet, Perfection Loop for loop-to-loop (if needed), and a Nail knot to attach the fly line. Most fly lines these days come with a welded loop in the end. And many purchased leaders also have a loop to attach to the fly line.
- Additional knots I use from time to time include the Blood knot for connecting larger diameter monofilament when creating a tapered leader and the Turle knot for steelhead flies.
- Bob provided a Comment on the website and mentioned he used the Davy knot. I decided to check it out. I like it. Simple, small, and strong.
- John has some wonderful knot card that fit in your pocket, bag, or vest if you need a refresher on how to tie the proper knots. You can see them HERE.
Please Share This: